[DRAFT] Minutes of Colonsay Community Council - Monday 7th May 2018, Village Hall
Inaugural Meeting of the newly appointed Colonsay Community Council
Present: David P Hobhouse, Jane Howard, Donald A E Howard, Keith J D Rutherford; also Shirley MacLeod (on behalf of the Returning Officer)
1. Shirley MacLeod, on behalf of the Returning Officer, welcomed all to the meeting.
2. There were no apologies for absence received.
3. There were no declarations of interest
4. It was agreed to appoint Keith Rutherford as Convener of the Community Council.
5. It was agreed to appoint Donald Howard as Vice Convener.
6. It was agreed to appoint Jane Howard as Secretary.
7. It was agreed to appoint David Hobhouse as Treasurer.
8. It was agreed that appointments of specialist administrators would be considered at a future meeting.
9. The community council considered and adopted the Model Constitution.
10. The community council considered and adopted the Model Standing Orders
11. The community council considered and adopted the Best Practice Agreement.
12. Shirley MacLeod highlighted a range of governance issues including timescales for issue of agenda and minutes; the co-option process; forming committees; information on complaints processes and the new provision to include a process for sanctions; and information on the new General Data Protection Regulations.
13. The community council noted the request made by the WWI Steering Group to participate in the Beacons of Light Nation's Tribute on 11th November 2018 and agreed to continue consideration of this to a future meeting.
14. The date of the next meeting will be on Tuesday, 29th May 2018 at 7.00pm within Colonsay Village Hall and thereafter meetings would be held monthly on the last Tuesday of each month.
In case you have stumbled upon this page by accident, Colonsay is a beautiful island in the Hebrides with about 130 inhabitants. Just search online to find out more or use the "Links" facility at the foot of this page.